Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

The big one five

15 years ago, after 3 years of sin, I stood barefoot on a beach under a full moon at sunset and told Greg I would joyously stick with him as long as we loved each other. Those were not the exact words of course but it is what they amounted to.. well except for the part where the minister messed up and instead of joyously interjected jealously leaving us and the crowd (none of whom where naked despite our invitations request) perplexed as to why I'd put that in the vows.. Anyway.. here I am still barefoot on the beach so it is hard to believe so much time has passed. But on  the other hand we have lived many different lives and grown and changed and have experienced much together.  Too much to consider ourselves unchanged from the experience. The youthful cocky know-it-all reactionary boy I married has evolved into a every bit the steadfast compassionate driven man I knew he would become. An analogy.. he was sort of like a piece of jagged-y rough mountain rock which got caught up in my rivers meandering (for am I not a far and wide wanderer?) which eventual reached the sea when we wed.  After which, and over the last 15 years, the pounding tide of struggles and achievements, of remembered joys and forgotten sorrows, of challenges and lessons, of new found responsibilities and long lost freedoms.. These waves of living day to day and side by side have polished him quiet nicely and much to my liking. 

Glasses raised to us and everything that has shaped us.


No comments:

Post a Comment