My blog is my sketchbook... I practice... Its something in this crazy busy world. But She wants more. She wants me to pull out a novel. Not just any novel but "The Great American Novel."
But time? I need time to work on a masterpiece!

(Henry.. Sexy Bastard.. even now. even old.)
Fine. Fine. So I dug out my drafts, doodles and swirls and started playing with the pieces. I told her I would see what I could do.
Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, where my masterpieces are my children.. life has kept me busy with the driving and the chaperoning. There were two field trips. One was to the waste water recycling plant.

The other trip was to a youth tech coop. Greg managed to get in on that trip by taking a rare day off before shipping to the eastern shore for the week.

It was an interesting place. Large corporations donate large sums so that the youth can have access to technology and develop tech skills. The facilities include a professional music production studio, Professional camera and lighting set ups, 3d printers, computers, wifi and programs galore and they are even getting a drone. Anyway, nifty.
School is going well. We have been building an aquaponics system for science. Here is his paper..
So I have been busy with the schooling and with the general chores and duties of motherhood. We have been working in regular visits to the chiropractor and swim time at the Y. Good things both. I have also gotten in a few minutes of nature worship. Con and I got done with an appointment early and had a few minutes to spare so I got my toes wet. I have an itch to fully submerge myself in those waters!
One weekend I slipped away to Mt. Madonna to visit with some friends. It was raining and the visit was short lived but the scenery was beautiful.

And this is just a very interesting picture from the car while Greg was driving us to dinner in Moss Landing. I see a seraph (or a griffon? or a sphinx?) lounging on the clouds.

Time for me to duck back into my little life. I have sent the family to the movies so I could write this and then practice my bass. My teacher has me learning scales. Much to his frustration, I am struggling to find the time to give it much attention.
Coming up.. A hockey game, dinner/pie with Nell, another work trip, a celebrate spring party, And then both kids are into rehersals for Wonderland. 4 days a week 3 to 4 hours at a time. Whew..

No comments:
Post a Comment