Its been a while eh?! Since last I wrote there was tax day. I checked and double checked my numbers and there went 10k.
But I am happy to report that is the worst of my news. The rest of the time has ben busy.. some might even say tiring. (I can't say that I have seen her zonk out in the car since she was super small!) 
We are heading into the last few weeks of school when our activity level always ramps up. Greg actually had his accounting final (Ick!) this weekend. 

There have been Fieldtrips.... Willow went to a traditional tea ceremony with her Japanese class. I can't believe that girl is old enough to raid my closet let alone pull off my clothes..... And there have been Birthday parties.... And there have been 6 weeks of intense rehearsals for "Wonderland." The kids receive college credit for their participation and they truly deserve it. It is intense and challenging. The biggest frustration came two nights before curtain when the director made huge changes to everything and cut a majority of their particular scene. The first show was last Friday. It went pretty well considering and each of the two shows on Saturday got progressively better. Next weekend Nell and David will be down to watch and I will get a chance to come out from behind the scenes and actually enjoy it. I have been helping with costumes, makeup and the calling of places.
And squeezed in and around the edges I managed to sit down and read a novel that my dear old friend, Rebecca Kelly, just had published. It is called Broken Homes and Gardens and is a story of love and friendship in Portland.
Meanwhile and in addition to everything going on with the kids and I, Greg has been making some strides and gaining some recognition at work. His employees are very happy and his production is above parr. In addition to wrapping up his accounting course (He got a B!) he has been working on learning German. In a few weeks or so he will be crossing the sea for his first international work related trip (technically he has had other international work trips but going to Canada isn't the same as Europe). Anyway, that is exciting and fun news and it will be interesting to see what directions this may lead us in.

What else? Im sure there is more because.. well like I said it has been busy..
Connor and I attended a jr. high track meet down the road that a lot of his old friends were competing at. He enjoyed it. I on the other found it rather nostalgic and found myself humming Def Leopard "Pour Some Sugar on Me". It was a popular song when I ran track in jr. high.
Anyway..
Yesterday we had dinner with the neighbors and got to meet Kathleens parents. I love this little community I live in.
It was a good time. Willow had a chance to finally show off her baby girl, Yeelysse.

10 pounds and full of fine powder. Willow is a mother for a week for school and she has taken to the project with gusto. And Greg has started to get a grip on the idea of being a grandfather.
For the most part the weather has been grey, grey and more grey. Coupled with a chill damp wind that never seems to stop. I miss the sun.
But the views are still quite impressive.






.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment