I am burning some midnight oil tonight!
Well maybe not really. Its only 9 pm. But it feels much later seeing as I am up at 4:30 to get Greg off to the airport.
I might just have to rethink the whole merlot/arting thing. Last Tuesday, the family went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Greg and I shared a nice bottle of Merlot. Upon getting home, I went directly to bed. I don't think it will serve up the conditions I need to paint deep into the night. Looks like I am going to have to find my inspiration elsewhere!
So anyway, our anniversary.. we had dinner. Sitting next to us was this cute gay couple who you could tell were on a first date. Anyway, the conversation at our table wandered from topic to topic, as any leisurely discourse should, and Greg began telling about a time he was out to eat and ended up with Bone Marrow as his meal. Connor asked how you eat that. Greg begins to discuss it in gross detail. Shudder. So to wrap things up and not linger much longer on the subject, I pipe in, rather loud and direct, "Son, You take the bone and you suck on it!" and then I made a sucky sound. The gay guys struggled to keep their composure. But did ok.
Greg also brought home a delightful bouquet of flowers. It featured Irisis that where just on the verge of blooming.
Speaking of flowers... Here is a funny story. I generally do my shopping at a particular store. One of the cashiers, Antonio, has taken a shine to me. He is from Cuba. He is an older gentleman. His English isn't perfect. But he runs a public access show about Cuban music and local music scene and he also teaches a Spanish language emersion course. Anyway, he is a sweet old character and I tend to choose his line if he is working and I am not in a great hurry. A few weeks ago, after a congenial exchange, I left the store........ with flowers in my hand.
Bwahahaha!
So the rest of the week played out as per the usual. On Saturday, Connor went off to play practice in the morning and then went to a cast party that night. This is part of the school campus:
Willow spent the whole of the day with Matt and his family. When they didn't know what to have for dinner she riffled through the cupboards and whipped them up a nice fried rice.
It is historically odd, but becoming rather commonplace, that both of the kids are gone more often and, more over, at the some time. Both beginning to live truly independent and external lives.
With both of the kids out for the night, Greg and I enjoyed some sushi and he was asleep by 8:00. All of the travelling (And he has barely begun his journeys) had left him wiped out and he really needed to fully recharge his batteries before he begins the next stretch.
Here is fun news. An old friend, Aimee, and her family are coming out to enjoy a weekend this fall. I think it will be my birthday weekend!
P.S. Karen! Yes. That was a picture of the free tea drop sample you shared with me. I received 2 teas in a cute little wood box and the tea was extremely flavorful. Thank you!



No comments:
Post a Comment