Chicken Little edges ever more towards puberty. While we were out getting this and that for Halloween costumes I took a moment to swing through the male grooming section. He was not thrilled. He stomped around exclaiming how embarrassing it all was. He'd storm off from our exploration of different scents and my tutelage on the difference between antiperspirant (which has a metal in it which keeps the toxins in your body by not letting you sweat .. not a good thing) and deodorant (which simply covers up odors but does not stop your bodies natural process of toxin elimination) He didn't want any of it. I had hummingbird reassure him that smelling nice is a good thing. He still wasn't convinced. But we finally managed to pick out some axe spray coupled with axe shampoo and spiking gel. At the end of the night I sent him up to clean up and get ready for bed. Afterwards he strutted down the hall, a smile a mile wide, proud to show off his new scent and engulf me in a super scented hug. I assure you it was quite pleasant!
A matter of faith..
Auntie S. read my last post and with some tweaking came up with the following changes to my editorial prayer. And while I don't necessarily see the divine as entirely interventionist... the changes are apropos for those that do .. however, with this and all things, I think that people will have better luck combating ills if their actions and choices back up their prayers! “Merciful Father in Heaven, we thank you for your bounty you bring to us and ask that any poison in this food for which we are about to partake would be made null and void. We ask that You give wisdom to those who make laws to protect us to keep a close eye on those crazy scientists who play with our food. As we partake of this food, we pray for health and strength to carry on and try to live as You would have us. We give thanks for life, the freedom to enjoy it all, roof over our heads, the companionship of dear friends and everything else wonderful and good in our lives. We ask for your continued strength and courage in the battle against cancer raging in Aunt Lucy, Uncle Floyd and Grandma Maria, Cousin John’s kidney failure and Baby Adisons allergies. We put our trust in You because we are having quite a bit of trouble finding any to trust down here. Thank you, Dear Lord. Amen”
This past weekend was swamped. Saturday I spent the entire day at REI at the volunteer fair. It was slow and these events tend to not really draw too many. However, I am super excited that I may have found a Beach Clean up Captain to compliment the individual who has stepped forward to be the Coordinator. This is a huge deal as I don't want to/nor have the time to do the extra job. Looks like I have job descriptions to sculpt!
In other chapter news.. we now have a Graphic Designer on board who also has super strong web design abilities. :) This is fabulous. I have been our webmaster for about a year and a half and while I have no problem maintaining a page for personal use I don't have the skills or time to manage a professional website. He has not committed to working on our site yet but in time I am hoping to persuade him to take up the job or at least be able to turn to him to help me address back end issues and CID codes. The work he has done in the two days since coming on shows extreme talent. However much time he commits, I already know he will be a great asset to the chapter... and hes easy on the eyes... and ears.
Sunday we attended to the details of home management before hitting the beach with the Young Vikings. It was not our typical hiking outing. We were testing swim skills.. at least that was the excuse we used to make it an afternoon of more relaxing beach play.
And yes there was an earthquake that rocked our world in the early morning hours. I slept through it. No signs of damage to report. But it reminds me to make sure our disaster supplies are in order.
And with that, my day begins. Love you Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment