Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Busy but doing well.. thanks!

The first week of school off has not been much of a vacation. At least not yet. During the rush of the last few weeks, the normal stuff got shifted and put off so there was much to do in the way of catch up. Having moved through the majority of that, I/we have been faced with the big question of what to do about school next year for Connor. This has required a concerted effort, appointment and research. And after much deliberation, much discussion and much assessing, Connor has chosen to not return to the classroom next year and has accepted the challenge of independent study.  Yep. homeschooling again. This time, however, we are not going with a online based program but we are working with a school district and he will meet with a teacher weekly and other students for group study on a regular basis. It will hopefully give him the best of both worlds. He did fair in the classroom this year but was constantly irritated and frustrated by inattentive, disruptive and impolite or pestering classmates. To the point of angry tears on too many days. His little nervous system is soooo very sensitive that it doesn't take much to throw him off. And so we adjust our sails.

Hows the house hunting going? That seems to be a question many people are wondering. So on that score.. We are currently going through a full financial audit with the underwriter before we actually start. The reasons for this are two fold. First off, after the foreclosure, just to verify that other than needing an FHA loan, we have no issues. And secondly, to determine if we have the liquidity in our retirement and such to cover a down payment. Anyway, by the middle of the next week we should be ready to start looking. Preliminary searches of the MLS do not look good however. There are very few houses listing and those that are out there get snatched fast. And I am anxious to get started. And so under some  perceived pressure I begin to panic. But I stop and remind myself that it will all work out in its right time. This is out of my control and I put it in the hands of what I call the Universe and mom calls God. In the meantime Ill let you know when we are actually looking and ready to jump.

Now its bass lessons (we have moved on to smashing pumpkins.. triplets are like skipping and the strokes... to learn to pick)  haircuts, necessities shopping and preparations for a movie marathon Willow is hosting for a bunch of her classmates over the weekend.  Dinner with Gregs secretary and meeting her new serious bow. Out for my friends birthday. Next week I should be able to stop and turn more of my attention homeward. Get out in the yard and the sun. I hope some of the june gloom blows away!

Cousin Jeff phoned out of the blue and we met up for lunch yesterday with his daughter Anna and then we toured Gregs plant. It was lovely.

Malificent.. fantastic movie. Anansi Boys.. Neil Gaiman is a mighty story teller.

And I am off..

smiles and hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment