Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

finding a moments pause

           Where have you been?

Who me?

            Yes you!

Well I have not been sitting in front of a computer monitor, I can assure you of that!
           
            Well obviously. If you had, I would not be asking where you been.

True Dat. Appointments, limited data stream and the constant need to entertain or line up entertainment for the children has kept me busy of one sort or another. That is not to say it has all been work. I have also been sleeping in late and lounging round with books.  With June gloom here most days are dreary and cold and my inclination is to stay curled up as much and as long as possible.  

Anyway, I am not dead. 

Do you know who is dead? My grandpa... but then he has been for a year and a half now.  Weird topic change I know but that turn of events has been on my mind all week as I got word on Monday that there will be a service for him and my Great Aunt (I know she has been gone a while herself) this weekend in Etna as their ashes finally get laid to rest beside my grandmothers. Rev your engines...Looks like the girls (Mom,will and i) will soon be putting some miles on the chub tub. Whirlwind weekend ahead. Should be ... interesting. 

Bass lessons have halted this week. My teacher is camping. But before he left he loaded me up with homework. Wants me to polish up the songs I have been working on, learn "come together" and for a midterm Im to write my own 3 minute long piece.  Egads. When he said step it up.. he meant it. 

Our own camping trip looms near. Really looking forward to long and leisurely days (a brief period of which will be shared with T. and her family. :D) 

As much as I would like to stay and keep talking at you... chores and such clamor for my attention. Many things to do before I hit the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment