Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

We once drank from the wine of youth

We have had some interesting events happen here.. Im not sure if I need to call it a theft or if I call it weird animal nature... About three weeks ago, Greg realized that we didn't have any white eggs being laid in our coop anymore. That was just about the time I realized that our 3 white laying hens had transformed into 3 adolescents and 2 of them are roosters. As they roam I can't say that some some flock changing didn't occur .. but it is weird.

And while Im on the topic of weird.. This was seen in Monterey while we were driving. Willow snapped the pic. The guy was getting on a bus. 



And speaking of oddities seen in transport... Only in Reno.. will you see a VERY hefty couple on a scooter with a 5 year old riding the tank. Is that legal? The bulk on the bike weighed down the engine substantially and so they were putting along in the bicycle lane.

What? Reno? I was in Reno again? Yes. For one night only.  My long time friend D. called frantic. Lots of big gloomy events had been clustering around her .. In a matter of 6 days.. 10 deaths within the families of her inner circle... Her office flooded (It was the only one) due to unusually intense thunderstorms. A tree in her backyard was struck by lightning. A coworker slipped at the grocery story hit his head and went into a coma. And she had several projects with major approaching deadlines underway. I in the meantime was struggling with something big and immediate that she could help me with.. so when she unexpectedly called Friday morning.. well the timing could not have been more perfect.. and within a few hours I was on the road. I arrived at two and proceeded to help her until the janitors kicked us out of the school district offices at 10:30. That place is haunted. Seriously. By an electrician who died there.

 Anyway, it was really hot and muggy and I am hoping I don't have make another trip to the desert again this summer... although for D Id do it a heartbeat.

After work we picked up a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers and went to her place for something akin to dinner and when her boyfriend came literally stumbling in at midnight we played a game of badminton in the dark. Nobody won that game.

 It had been a long day and so we all turned in although the heat was not conducive to any kind of serious rest. And after tossing and turning at 5:30 I was up and on the road home and D was back to the office. She made her deadlines and I made it home and made my deadlines as well. We were "Under the Gun" but neither of us got shot. It was a good day. (I hear Ice T playing on the soundtrack of my mind and I giggle)

P.S. We got the house after a bid war. Its moving fast. Faster than typical. Its a flip and the bank wants out ASAP. This week inspections. If all goes well.. We will have the keys soon. School starts the 14th. Hot Damn. I got stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment