Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Keeping pace..

Funny that an old blog post of mine recently popped up in my mailbox. Why and how I can only guess. But it gave a little tickle none the less. And so with that strange invitation I sat down to re-read "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner" from last September. It gave me a chance to examine the long strides and the meandering course of life between those points. So much different, so much the same. For instance the culling thing got old. And I really don't care to do it. There are smells and stomach curling ick... and well... I know I can do it if I need to and that is something important to know about oneself, I suppose. Plus in order to really be proficient you need to build a kill station with running water and well I think I will leave that to the professionals. So anyway, yes some has changed. And some not so much as the aim for this years schooling landed pretty much on bulls eye. And then there are the big totally unexpected changes between. Buying a house was no where on my radar. So that was a huge directional shift.  One that is gaining speed on us.

The appraisal was last Wednesday and we have not yet heard back and only one or two small details need to be attended to Monday to finish our closing documents. House is well under the whirlwind preparations of boxing and packing,  moving out the roommates, and general cleaning. Things are a bit of a mess but it is and will go smoothly.

Anticipation for the start of school is beginning to pepper the air. Two weeks to go. Time to break out the alarms and begin to reset our sleep schedules back by half hour increments every few days.

Looking back.. good times.. looking forward.. Whew!.. I will be tearing through this month like a.....



(Dramatic pause of a few days..)

And I return.. that last toon I picked up at a birthday party with one of the old neighbor kids. There is a part that sounds Halloween which caught my attention. (Side note.. Mrs. Davis.. your son has fun taste in music). It was a highlight on a rather dreary day. A day where losses where counted and an old friend, Ozzy, was buried.  Anyway, the tune was a highlight along with just sitting back and observing how much the kids have grown in the last year.






And the word just in on the appraisal on the appraisal.. Umm.. we have hiccup.  Let me get back when we figure this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment