Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

A little meander down the river

Tomorrow is Cons Birthday. 12, Holy Cow! Time... so much but not really. He sits across the table from me writing in his own journal. At least he has stopped resisting this little exercise of daily journaling and has accepted it is part of "School" work. Anyway.. that kid.  He is kind and tender hearted. He doesn't understand the world.. and well why should he?.. Life is crazy and contradictory and it doesn't follow a set schedule very well. There are unexpected hiccups (Like yesterday.. but I will get to that in a minute) that need navigating.. I look at him and smile and think "Be like water my ... Son .. be like water."

Speaking of water, I am currently reading "The Hidden Messages in Water." I had already heard about Masaru Emoto's research but only in passing. Quite interesting. Got a bit of reading done yesterday. .. At the hospital.. checking on this golf ball sized lump that suddenly (overnight) appeared on my leg.  This of course threw all of my plans out of whack (So much for that dump run I had planned around classwork! lol). It's not a bite. It didn't come from injury. An exam suggest it was probably nothing of concern but erring on the side of caution we did some tests. There are no blood clots associated with it. This sort of thing can be caused by an embolism and a blood clot could lead to stroke or loss of leg. Glad that checked out.  So it doesn't appear to be a threat to my health. But is very weird and tender. I've been given antibiotics, have been instructed to remain off it as much as possible, elevation, ice and compression and to remain on alert to any negative changes. So far so good, however, I have not yet decided if the antibiotics are really something I need to take. If I were running a fever or if the area were hot.. but right now.. Im going to wait and see.

In all other news... life is grand.

Tomorrow we are hosting a "Lego Movie" Birthday party. We are expecting a household of mostly middle school aged children. 14 in all. Denise might make it down from Reno and our sweet neighbor Kathleen will probably stop by. We are celebrating Lego Movie style. Ive got cakes to bake and a house to straighten.. or rather, supervise Willows baking and Connor cleaning! Its not his birthday yet! Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment