Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

Plotting Course

Where is the little girl I carried? 

All grown up and looking to graduate. 

Willows transcripts have arrived from Germany and from CA and in a few weeks we will be sitting down with an academic adviser to discuss what her next few steps will be. Currently she is only attending 2 or 3 periods a day and she has already accumulated more than enough credits to graduate. She does, however, need to meet a few more requirements before that happens. In the mean time, next year, she is planning to attend the local Tech/Trade school and pursue an education in the Culinary Arts. It is a rather impressive 2 year half a day every day program. Soon we will find out how that will play into her graduation date. She has the desire to open her own bakery in the future and it is something I see her being very well suited for. She has a good plan in mind for achieving that. 

How weird though to think that she will move out in 2 years (give or take).  Is she ready for that? She is headstrong and determined. At that age I was as well, but I think she is stronger.. more mature even and certainly more worldly.. than I was.  I know she will manage the challenges of the world just fine. But still that mom part of me is already worrying and wondering what I need to do yet to best prepare her. 

Where has the time gone? Soon enough there will be grandkids! Egads!  

No comments:

Post a Comment