Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

Keeping Pace; Winning the Race

Early morning sunday. The yard begins to brighten as the slowly rising sun draws itself to peek over the horizon. I am not offered a  spectacular view of the sunrise or sunsets at our home but I know them for what they are worth and i can embrace that beauty with my eyes closed. So rather I watch shadows stretch and listen to birds sing as I sip my tea and welcome the day.. come what may.

Connor had a decent week. His big news is that he was accepted into the pre-tech program in engineering and industrial arts. What that means is that he will be spending next year focusing on a vast field and then as a jr/senior. He will take a more specialized set of courses intended to move him towards college and/or his future career. That boy is doing quite well and is on track.

This week the kids will be taking thier learners permit tests. Fingers crossed for both of them but I think they got this. Yikes. According to plan, Within a year or so my driving duties are going to ..poof.. disappear.  Then I write promote publish and produce in ernest. That's the plan anyway. And steadily I am starting to gain some speed.

It was a long week for Willow. There was a state level competition she was involved in called Skills USA. It was a two day seminar and overnight stay with interviewing, resume and technical skills being tested.
She says it was the most difficult thing she has ever done. She hated it. Wanted to throw herself over the banister. But she endured and saw it through. So in our book she is a winner.

Friday we finally got Willow into the rheumatologist. Although not everyone who has the genetic marker will demonstrate illness, she is showing signs. Her ankles are most definatly in part due to arthritis.  There are other signs too. A battery of blood tests where taken and then the dr. will make a final diagnosis and we can start working on breaking her out of the pain cycle and finally get her where she can move more easily. The discussion offered hope. We will see what our next steps are.

That wasn't all this last week has had in store for the young lady. She picked out her prom dress and also registered for her fall classes. She is coming along.







No comments:

Post a Comment