Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Summertime rolls...

... through my mind like a hot trade wind caught up in my sails.. like long tubular swells cresting off white hot sandy beaches. Daydreams that I have been crowding out now find their way behind my brow. School comes to  a break just as I turn my eye to the horizon and welcome the sun and all the possibilities of the new year.

Its Yule.

I say that.. announce that we are celebrating Yule..  to me it is enough. I understand what I mean by it but most people look at me puzzled and some downright quizzical.. A very rare few, the young or teachers mostly, ask me,  "What does that mean?"  I usually can't answer it. Not because I don't understand enough to explain but this explanation requires more of a lecture than any quick pat answer. It requires thought and heart. And so this year when asked .. what is Yule?.. I simply said Ill explain on my blog. And I will. Tonight is Mothers Night. The first night of our 12 night long celebration. Ill be up all night and will put my my efforts to explanations  later on. For now I have kids to baby sit, a Yule Log to make, cookies to make, a fire to get crackin, and a door to throw open to  neighbors and friends to help us invite the spirit of the season in this evening.

Ive been buried under a lot of work but have managed to get it all done, as such I have not posted about the Surfrider Party. Whew. It was a lot of work. But it was a success. Not overwhelmingly but all told. I found some great volunteers. We turned a small profit. We gained 27 members. There were maybe 75 people there. Honored Alison as Volunteer of the Year. A step up from last year. Here are some pics:
The Blurry Beer Crew .. kept everyone well lubricated.

The DJ.. Rocked the House!

The Spread

Volunteer of the Year!!
X. One of our Happy Hostesses!


Our Opening Act!

kitchen and beach crew
Ending the Night on a great note!

There are tons of party pics
but that gives you a quick behind the scenes. Link to the lot
to come. Once I post up. Now back to work!




No comments:

Post a Comment