Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hit the ground running

I think it is a good time for a great big exhale.  Deep Breath in.. Deep Breath out.

Better.

I have been running with the speed and agility of a thousand horses.. or so I like to think. In reality I have not been lighting quick but with slow and steady determination I have kept the schedule through the hectic rigors of our extended season of celebration. Some things have slipped and some have yet to be done. Tackling Moms website is my next big project after the re-build of  the Surfrider Site. For a sneak preview.. http://surfridermonterey.weebly.com/  I still have to manage the backend and re-direct the URL. I need a little help with those logistics and will be turning to a company that has offered to host us. And for the observant.. Ahhh... Weebly you ask?  Yes Weebly... Free ... Easy to Work with and far more versatile than blogger because blogger just wasn't adaptable enough.

A big stack of What the Duck has been burned and jacketed and is awaiting time for departures and deliveries. Its a funny mix. I hope my Vegan friends don't mind. Getting them mailed out will be a bit of a chore. In addition to sending out the CD's I will also be including Save the Dates for our 40-15-40. A celebration of our 40th birthdays and 15th anniversary all rolled into one. That is an undertaking. Im a bit overwhelmed at the idea of throwing something so grand. Especially if you consider my wedding reception was a campfire Bar-b-Que with a bottle of tequila going round the fire. Defiantly not traditional. I keep wrapping my idea around the idea of something formal but does it need to be? Greg and I need to do some daydreaming together. I have been asking around .. collecting ideas.. everyone sees it different... Ive been stumbling over the idea of how big the guest list should be. Decisions Decisions.

My grandparents are celebrating thier 65th anniversary this year. (2013 is a way BIG year. It will be EPIC!) It includes a train ride to Virginia City an old time family portrait with the entire family present and then some wandering before sitting down to a Nice Dinner in Carson. Looking forward to Crossing paths with my Brother and the Family. Its still a ways off though.

The Kids have adopted block style learning. Which makes more since to me. We focus on one topic a day rather than skip from subject to subject. So far it has been very agreeable.

What else?? ... On top of all of that.. this weekend was jam packed. Whalefest  (links take you to pics) and a birthday sleep over

Greg's induction into the Chamber Of Commerce and his pledge to uphold the Constitution

And Connor's Skate Party. Whew! What did we get him? A small amethyst heart pendant on a silver filigree chain. It is a bit on the feminine side and I really debated it but of all of the gifts he could have received  I knew it would be the most cherished.

And Im sure there is lots of other stuff going on .. School.. I am putting the kids name in for the lotteries at two different Charter Schools. One offers a science based curriculum which would suit Willow and the other offers the Waldorf Method which is rooted in learning through Artistic Expression which would be a good match for Connor. Its not that I don't want to Homeschool anymore but there are things that they are missing and the right classroom doesn't have to be at home. Im keeping those options open and up to fate.

All that coupled with Greg keeping some crazy long travel hours.. Im exhausted and am going to end the conversation right here for now.

Love You Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment