From the start of November to the beginning of Feb. is always a busy time. It really is the most jam packed time of the year for us. From Willows Birthday and Thanksgiving right on through to Connors Birthday and Valentines Mix planning. Its one long period of activity. And fortunately it is quickly coming to a close. In the meantime, Im playing keep up.. and year after year of the same routine.. I have the juggling act just about down. Still I may not be thoroughly overwhelmed but I am still very busy. And on top of it all I have a couple website designing projects on the board that will require their own ample effort to complete. As a result my time has been suffering.. my writing/blogging limited.
So, for the most part, I must put these things down for a bit and not give them the attention I long to. If only I could lose myself.. for an hour.. for a day.. for a year.. for a lifetime.. to nothing but the passion.. to pen.. to the paper.. to the dream.. ahhh such bliss would be mine. True. It is a glorious thought but it lives without much substance at the moment for the realities of life must also be recognized. Energies must be shifted and rearranged and my writing and such slotted in when and where it can. Until then I must hold on to to my words like a bottle of whiskey waiting to be drunk... I must wait for a time.. like now.. to take a little nip... Just enough to keep ward off the chill and to keep my keypad licking tongue from freezing solid. Cheers!
Entertainment suggestions..
During those few moments of respite that the day has to offer, Greg and I have stumbled upon the Canadian sci fi tv series Lost Girl. I don't think my mother would particularly like it. Its very Buffy/Xena.. ish only a little more mature. If your ears perk up in the least over the mention of those shows.. check it out.
Another show we stumbled upon which has also proven entertaining is Oroun High Host Club. This is an Anime series and completely out of my usual watching parameters I don't think mom would care for it either. I, however, find the characters fascinating.
Anyway, next up on the quick update list. I received a sweet care package in the mail the other day from a friend who I grew up with. She sent me a dress made by a local seamstress in Carson/Reno. Perhaps there is a partnership opportunity there for you to look into mom?! At least check out the competition (Click Here) . I'll post up pics the dress for you soon when I get the opportunity. Now to find something fancy to wear it to!
My Valentines Day Mix is pulling together. This years theme.. "What the Duck?"
Oh.. and this.. I find this photo fascinating...
Why? Well... I was aiming to capture the rainbow over the bridge of my nose.. Rainbow bridge.. ha ha.. but the rainbow only existed with the shades partially drawn which created the shadow stripes which are not unlike those in the painting behind. so there is this unexpected continuity. Also my expression is also quite neutral. I was trying to get the rainbow lined up on my nose so this is in large part due to concentration. However, if you cover up the right side of my face I look like Im frowning. If you cover up the left side.. I look like I am smiling. Its truly one of these: :/
And in one of those weird twists of fate.. after arranging Connors birthday party, I got an email from school saying that there is a School wide skate party .. same time.. same place. How extra ordinarily cool is that?! Seems I am working on my Universal Synchronicity.
OK off to load up pics of the fieldtrip we took to the lighthouse yesterday, see hummingbird through her finals and everything else. Those stories, pictures and more.. on the horizon.

No comments:
Post a Comment