H.
No .. wait.. that's another blog. Stop. Rewind. Preparations are well under way for our next big summer travelling adventure and Greg's week of Summer Vacation has begun. WooHoo!
I had been planning on a trip to Hawaii this summer only to adapt those plans when we took on roommates so that we could celebrate a special 16th birthday at Disneyland (She has never been) .. mom close your ears.. Which I do not think is the most fun place on earth. .. shock!.. Its not that it is horrible. Its not that it bad. But being in crowded loud places overwhelms my senses. Take me off the street and put me in a restaurant or shop with the same and I lose my mind. Literally. I am at a loss in all decision making. Conversely take me off the street and put me at a concert, I still lose my mind but generally I am in heaven. So back to Disneyland.. Come to think of it.. I don't feel that way on Tom Sawyers Island... or really on any of the rides where my attention is focused so entirely on the experience. This just happens along the Midway. And so I am going to try something new this year and tune out the din with earphones. I may not have much in the way of internet out at the house but I can stream Pandora on my phone all day long (as long as the battery stays charged!) and I intend to see if that doesn't alleviate the worst of my dysfunction. I will pretend I am at a concert. Greg .. don't be alarmed if I hip check you! It might not be Hawaii but it might just be Almost Paradise. :p No.. I don't know what I am going to be listening to.. but the soundtrack from footloose probably isn't it. I am looking forward to checking out California Adventure for the first time too. It should be fun plus there is a chance we may get a chance to catch up with some friends and family while down that way: the perfect icing on my slice of this birthday cake.
Vacation isn't here yet so with that Im headed off into this cold foggy grey Saturday Morning to pick up feed, slug and bug stuff, gopher traps and the like. Tomorrow we are going to take a few hours to go surfing! I am looking forward to getting in the water a bit. Its been too long!
No comments:
Post a Comment