Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Whacking, Weeding, Feeding and Mucking

just a few of the responsibilities I have been attending to. Do I mind it? Not in the least. Gets me in the sun. That's right... Sun! I had almost forgotten (with the exception of trips to lands of big sky)  that it existed! I love the feel of the sun on my skin.. not so much the burn. Remembering sun protection is a responsibility that needs to be attended to on a daily basis.

Im not one for lotions and creams. I wash my hair with baking soda and rinse it with vinegar.(Which, as it turns out, vinegar is a natural tick repellant!!)  I don't use lotion, makeup or any of that crap... ok I put on lip gloss, eyeliner and perfume on rare going out occasions but I don't make any kind of habit of it. And quite honestly I think my skin and over all health thanks me for it. So having to resort to sunscreen makes me squeamish. I know instinctively that sunscreen can be as cancer causing as the sun itself. (My opinions and actions with regards to beauty products are not merely some personal theory but are rooted in fact. For a more in depth look at the topic of harmful effects of beauty products I suggest you read No More Dirty Looks by Siobhan O'Connor and Alexandra Spunt.)  I think I better invest in some long sleeve work shirts.
So anyway.. I got a little side tracked there. Weeds weeds weeds be gone. Slowly but surely. In addition to yard work and BBQ/Poker/whiskey with friends (which reminded me that I am too old to be so over indulgent. Ugh!)  this weekend our pal Kiwi came out and helped Greg get the pond cleaned up and running. Not the goose pond.. that is still in the works.. but the koi pond out front.

The immediate grounds are pulling together, slowly but surely.

As to the birds. We have put the breaks on getting any more birds at the moment. 7 geese and 14 chickens (10 are chicks) are plenty to get familiar with and I have a yard of grass to get growing so we have grazing for the geese.. natural lawn mowers that they are. These are our a few of our new chicks.. which Greg surprised me with when I returned home from my quick trip to NV.
 
These are our new geese which we picked up on our way home from getting Greg at the airport on Friday.. Not the best picture but I am sure more will be taken!
 
They seem to get along with Lord Stanley and the Ladies quite nicely. Although integrating both groups of geese has been a process.
 
 
In  other news.. Willow lost her tooth. This is what she left for the tooth fairy.. Funny girl. 

 
I looking forward to my upcoming visit with Heather.. got to figure out what we are going to do! And then a long weekend of camping. Fun Fun.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment