Hi Mom! You probably think my title means Im doing drugs. But No! That is not the case. No cause for alarm. I assure you my insanity comes naturally!
Im referring in this particular case to my sweet little girl (No she is not doing drugs either!) and our realization that she most likely is suffering from GERD and has since she was an infant. Her colicky nature.. the tonsils and throat.. and the stomach aches she has complained of continually since she could talk.. the pieces all finally making some sort of sense. With this realization, we now know that we really need to work on minimizing/eliminating the acid producers in our diet... So that is what I meant by the title... well.. that and the fact that it was sort of contextually funny.
In other news.. For the first time in a long time, I went surfing on wed. with my surfrider pal X. Casa Verde was pounding... the picture is deceptive. As we are looking down on the break it does not look like it is throwing out anything very big. But once you are in the water you realize those 3 footers are really around 7 and getting past those breaker is going to be a bit of a bit&^. But X. has skills and following her lead I soon found myself grabbing a wave or two or three. I didn't even try to stand... there was joy enough on just skimming the waves. As we were wrapping up and looking to claim one last ride in (the winds had just shifted and the water was turning choppy), another surfer joined the line up. He turned and began paddling for a wave. I looked to the wave to gauge his timing and ... my breath caught in my throat.. a 5 foot long silver body silhouetted in the wave.. moving fast.. right towards him. It took me a hair of a second to assess.. no fin. not shark, not dolphin. By this time the wave is beginning to catch the surfer and the underwater projectile is on course straight for him. The gigantic seal turns and buzzes the surfer like a plane passing to close and purposefully past an air control tower. Zoom! Was he chasing food or being chased himself? Who knows. It was something to see though.
Once we got out, X. was approached by a looker on-er who insistently questioned her as to what would ever make her go out into these waves. He was from Santa Cruz and could not fathom why we would choose to ride such rough water when Santa Cruz and the famous hook is just up the road. She tried to explain that she didn't usually travel for waves. This is our home and our break and we ride it when we can even if it is not perfection. He could not grasp the idea. Just kept going on about how crappy it was. Dude didn't see the seal.. If he had he might have been reminded that there is magic in our waters even if the waves here are rarely glassy.
Anyway.. anyone out there looking for a VW conversion van with a Mits. engine? When I walked up, I didn't realize X.s van was anything out of the ordinary at first but I realized that was not the case when she threw open the door to put her board in. What a sweet ride with 4 wheel drive. Her man JP is looking to sell it. Approx. 40K give or take. I don't know the exact details except that it made me drool a little and that it was out of my price range. Drop me a line if interested and I will put you in contact.
And speaking of dropped lines.. I got this little response in my inbox from "Eats Your Heart Out" in Reno about my views on Cheesecake factory..
"I am totally with you on the cheesecake factory. I feel more and more like that about restaurants. I rarely enjoy a meal out now - Prefer to cook at home and spend the money on something else. Isn't it silly that I'd rather drop $40 at a nice bar than at a crappy restaurant? haha"
Im right there with you completely Eats! Plus I really like being able to know without a doubt where the ingredients are coming from that I choose to feed my family with. Cooking at home gives me more control over that as opposed to the processed foods you get at your typical restaurant these days... and its cheaper! :)
Ok Im off and running!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment