So much to talk about.. so much going on.. yet.. its almost as if we are suspended mid air... mid action.. balls in the air.. or in the hairs breath before the dice land.
I suppose there is a lot going on. The hunt for the house.. Yes.. No real word yet. Two possibilities seriously considered. One despite gorgeous details and whirlpool tubs.. yes plural.. just was not the right fit. The second one we layed our ap down on Saturday. There was another couple there chomping at the bit. We were told we would hear by Sunday. We told her we would do a 2 year lease. We didn't hear. Ill follow up today.
Along with getting new glasses for Greg ordered. (His broke just as he was up and on his way out the door to Boston. He is going to have a long week without them.) I will be registering the 4-runnner. Which is the replacement car for the GTX3000 that had its timing belt go just after we bought it and resulted in a rod being thrown clear through the oil pan. That baby is dead. We are looking to unload it and given its specialized nature should not have too hard of a time getting it sold. We sold the Lancer to our room mate. Which made the purchase of the 4-runner possible. Now to sell her other car as well and that will go to moving expenses. Whew. But we have all our bases covered.
And speaking about those Blackhawks.. Not really.. I was talking about baseball but that brings me to my brother and him mentioning being impressed that I have a team now.. but the thing is.. I've had a team for a long time. Ive had a team since... like... 1995ish. I don't remember.. college years a blur. But I became a Blackhawks fan for three reasons 1) What is black and white and red all over??.. you thought I was going to say a newspaper.. but seriously their colors are awesome! 2) Because they were aggressive and hard hitting and full of all sorts of grrrr... 3) and lastly there was a guy... isn't there always?!.. but seriously He was simply a hockey fan (and a Holsclaw.. but not the one I was dating) who gave me insight into the game... A teacher.. a mentor even if you will. And that was his team. So there you have it.. how I came to be a Blackhawks fan. All that aside... Its a stellar year for them.... Stellar!!
Back at home.. Teenage Dreams.. A week of bliss.. only to have the reality of the world crash back down on you. If only it could be like that all the time. But it can't. Life sucks sometimes. Now back to work.
And on a side note... I also want to take a moment to remember Dad. Gone but not forgotten.. And now yes.. its back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment