I had every intention of whipping up an Mothers Day Blog, but in the midst of all that is going on, had to settle with a simple phone call and a few words of love and appreciation. But is that enough? Don't get me wrong. Mothers Day is a sappy sentimental holiday like V-day which has been played upon by our corporate overlords to get us to consume. I'm not saying that I need to buy mom a gift and I hope she understands why I don't. Why I am asking if "a phone call alone is enough" is because my mom really does deserve some extra recognition and appreciation. Not just one day a week but everyday.
I didn't realize and appreciate my mother as a mother until I was one. I didn't comprehend her dedication and selfless service to us kids. I didn't appreciate her rigidity and rules. I didn't recognize that being a mom is a job in and of itself. And that it is by far one of the most important jobs of all. But I do now. And I realize just how amazing of a woman and mother she is and has been. My appreciation is beyond measure and no flowers or other superficial thing can even begin to come close to express my gratitude and love for the woman.
Thank you mom!
In other news.. Our new land lord is extremely kind and generous. He has given us 4 chickens and 4 geese as well as the keys to the home a week early to help facilitate the move. Packing packing packing well under way.. Walls of boxes are beginning to cover what little walking space we had. We showed the kids the home on Saturday and they didn't want to leave! I am super excited about this new chapter in our lives. Saturday, I also attended a registration fair at the school my two will be going to next year. I knew it was going to be a decent school and was excited for them but, after meeting the staff and some students and seeing the grounds from inside the gates, I am even more pleased and think it will be fantastic for them. On Mothers Day we were invited to play at the beach and have a BBQ afterwards. We surfed, kayaked and got burned and exhausted. It was an awesome day! Greg whipped up an egg scramble for breakfast which was heavenly and Willow created some amazing chocolate covered strawberries which were to die for.
What else.. This week the CEO of Gregs work is at the plant and Greg is hosting the quarterly meeting. Its a big deal and one that has caused him to be on edge. Scratch that. It is not just a big deal, it is a production. Memorize these lines. Video crews setting up, Stages being built. Broadcast company wide. Hes never quite been in the spot light like this before and it comes with a certain amount of tension. But you would hardly know it. After that it is yet another week of traveling which upon arrive he will find himself welcomed to a new home. I have a crew of good peeps to help make the early move possible and which will save him the majority of effort and the trouble. He will get home just in time for a three day weekend of settling in and Adens birthday celebration. (We are planning to line up a paintball battle!)
And don't get me started on the car situation.. to late for that. We bought a 4 runner last month which is now sitting in a shop because it didn't pass smog. In this state, the car passing smog is the responsibility of the seller regardless of "as is" clauses. Looks like the vehicle either needs a valve job or maybe even a whole new engine. The seller has been on vacation so today I will be taking up this issue with her and trying to get things resolved as amicably and without legal involvement if possible.
And to top it all off we are coming to the end of the school year and frantically trying to wrap up all those loose ends.
Oh and to top it all off.... There are three things necessarily to life. Our food is one of them. And what is being done to our food is not right. On May 25th people from the world over are going to rise against these crimes against our health and wellbeing. Here is a chance to stand up and show that you care. You do care don't you?! Know and Go! here is a quick link to find where events will be held near you.. http://www.march-against-monsanto.com/p/blog-page.html
So with that I must duck out and dive in. If I am relatively silent for the next few weeks.. well.. I will be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment