Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Holey Mole!

We bougth the farm... well not quite... but still. Damn! Im set to go from homemaker to homesteader in a blink of an eye. A total dream come true in the making. Im so very excited. More than I have been in.. well is seems lik forever! All the while maintianing my cool facade. It does slip out at the edges. Willow giving me a quizzical look and asking what Im doing and why Im all wiggly. I explain that Im just doing my happy dance.

Our new rental is on 11 acres of which we are currently responsible for one. The Owner is a Director with Microsoft and has a vision of this being his retirement property. He wants a homestead and farm. It is not yet one. But it is raw potential. Potential that looks out at over strawberry fields and coast line mountains and is a prime place for me to sit and begin to write. Potential that includes the possibility of me owning and establishing my own mushroom farm. I have been telling Greg for years that the next animal we would have would be a goat. Damn if that isn't going to be the case.  They will be very helpful in maintaining the land. I expect to have them graze first where I will establish the garden and start preping that area. I need to look at some old gardning books for that. I have already started researching goats.

On a side note... There is an apple tree on the property which produces a red meat in it and which is highly prized and I can't wait to sample. (Hail Idunna). This is all so awesome, it almost feels to good to be true. But it is true. And it is exciting.

Also Ironically enough.. I had been planning for some time to cook up some Chicken Mole today. Yes its cinco de Mayo... a day Americans get drunk... but it was also a good excuse to try the dish I have always wanted to try.  But additionally Mole is a meal tradionally baked for celebration. And we are all celebrating. Now I shall fade into a bit of a  silence ( drunken?) while I attend to the work at hand.  We have a little bit of a hill ahead to yet navigate and Im begining to ramp up speed.

Oh and the city we are moving to is the childhood town of Marilyn Manroe where she won the first ..maybe it wasn't the first.. I don't know... anyway she was crowned Artichoke queen.  Maybe the girls want to try for the honor themselves?! I can imagine Willy reading this and her face slacking into a frown/grimace... Only if you want to. :) I wonder when the next festival is?!

Ok I have some shopping to do. dried ancho chilies here I come.. Spicy goodness with a lot of flavor! Oh yes Mole is the meal for today!

Vic..... Ouuuuut!

No comments:

Post a Comment