Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

The dice hit the table...

tumbling.. our course narrowed down to two likely paths. Greg's return from Boston this weekend and it is decision making time... Factors to weigh and outcome to be determined. Ill be happy when we switch gears into action and hustle. Time to wrap up school, get things packed and do this thing. Space to breath and not be stacked in like sardines, however I must say that everyone has been a trooper in that department.

This whole house hunting really has been a chore. An interesting one. We have seen landlords who fit the mold of the used car salesmen. Smarmy and with no real interest in anything but a quick buck. We've seen beautiful perfect properties and been crushed when they went to someone who got there just a hair quicker and so we have sped up our game. We've been misled and we have pulled up to appointments in neighborhoods where we opted to just drive away. To another one that didn't allow pets but was torn up and tagged with gang signs inside and the owner was not going to correct those issues. And she would not allow a dog?! What?!  That one was strange in that the vibe actually made me start cussing before I even started seeing those crappy details. Very uncharacteristic of me in a setting where Im trying to make a good impression or any setting really. I think the long term effects of that house on my psyche (or on the rest of us) would not have been good.  

Anyway, We've learned what we want and we are poised and ready to pounce. I'm excited the end is in sight. Two totally different directions lay before us. A lovely house in a beautiful suburb (We were first in and it is as good as ours). Or a home on some land in the country (this one has another couple looking but I have hit it off already with the Owner and he is looking forward to meeting Greg. )  Which one? Do we want to be in the country or in the city? Either way, I suspect this weekend will wrap up in grand celebration.

In the meantime, our housemate, had a recent job interview up SJ way. She will hear back next week and our fingers are crossed. It would be right up her alley and be in the field/position she has strived to be in. Her odds are not bad from where we are sitting.  The law office she works in temporarily has connections there and she has made a very positive impression on them. She will get a glowing recommendations. Our fingers are crossed that it falls into place for her quickly. And if not there, somewhere else.

Car update... Geez...
We have a buyer lined up for our Housemates vehicle. Yay! Still looking to unload the gt3000 but its specialized and someone will want it for parts. That can be handled once Greg gets back. We picked up a 90 Toyota 4runner. It didn't pass smog so I have that yet to contend with. But it will all get done.

My dad is finally in the ground in a veterans cemetery near Whiskey Town. Hes been sitting on a shelf (ashes) for quite a while and when the anniversary of his death arrived, my bro jumped and got the deed done. Its good to have that little bit of business taken care of. We are going camping up that way soon and will be making a visit to see Pops along the way.

I have promised to talk more about Henna and, Karen,  I will ... soon...

Also, I plan to change things up on this blog a bit once things start settling.. there are many subjects that I don't discuss at home because I am living in the moment and dealing with everyday living activities but which I have strong opinions on. Monsanto for instance. So I will be occasionally getting a bit bolder and opinionated with my posts rather then just write personal narrative. Not that personal narrative alone is bad. It can be quite humorous at times really but I might as well put some meat on those funny bones.   Not sure how it will manifest but it will be something. Stay tuned for that.  

In the meantime, have you seen the new Red Dawn? The dude, Chris Hemsworth who plays Jed, reminds me of my brother sooooo much. I think it is funny he also played Thor. Billy, old red beard, ought to understand why.   :)

Ok I have to get back to the tasks at hand. See you on the flip side!



No comments:

Post a Comment