Saturday was far from normal. A visit from a dear old friend, White Jim from college, whom I have not seen in damn near 20 years but with whom I have a fairly regular communication with. Jim is a well rounded fellow and it was wonderful to actually share some air and beer! I hope we can do it again soon.
Might as well jump was the theme of Sunday. After having a nice pancake breakfast at a fundraiser provided to us by the Castroville Fire Department in a kick off the Artichoke Festival event, Greg and I found ourselves with the keys to our new place and an itch to get some of it done. It was a very spontaneous day which alleviated half of our moving stress. A great big shout out to our friend Ray for his help on such short notice! We will finish the moving by next weekend. Woot!
The 4-runner has been taken care of. We got our money back from the seller without any issue. A hassle it has been but not a horror. Glad to have it off my plate. So that is one less thing to deal with. Now to turn around and get the other car fixed. That gets that problem resolved as well. Woot!
My good pal Nicole is in town today. Im hoping to squeeze in a visit there this evening.
Otherwise it is back to finishing out the school year and getting the last of the stuff packed and on a truck.
Whew.
No comments:
Post a Comment