Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

And you thought I was going to write every day..

Well.. I do. Just not always on here.

Anyway, Ive been getting my yearly dose of vitamin D.  Suns been shining and Ive been soaking it up, roving wide and giving love to my land.. Except the whacking has left me with a very stiff neck. As a result, I don't believe I will be doing much work today nor will I be practicing my golf... (That's right Bro. Im practicing every weekend (except when I don't) until we meet again!)

 I, however,  have not been doing just yard work. Yesterday was dedicated to it. Being away from the house all week it is amazing how much the work accumulates! I also spent a good chunk of time Friday at the school helping a teacher with some prep work. The school has an electronic log in system which records volunteers thier hours as well as other visitors and substitutes. It prints out name tags as well. Spiffy. And over the course of the last few days I have gotten to meet several characters. Charlie a short board surfer who doesn't use a leash and it quite capable with his board, PJ who is a Filipino Ocean Fisherman who told me about the economy of sea glass collection. He also told me he had not caught a fish in two weeks. I also met a woman from Germany. She was on a walking tour. I had never heard of a walking tour but apparently you start somewhere (in her case santa cruz) and you are given a map which you use to guide you as you walk to your next hotel. In all she was covering 40 miles in 5 days along the coast. All the luggage is shipped ahead so you are not packing it. How awesome is that? Really I think its awesome. Greg was not as excited as I at the prospect however and suggested I would be taking that trip by myself. Also got in a visit with the landlord. I do enjoy his company and the foggy nebulous of our writing project gathers some subtle shape and color. Soon  (probably with eventual change in seasons if I know anything my artistic rhythms) I will be raining words upon the page.

Anyway to sum up and get off of this computer (which is not helping my neck) things are good and life is progressing under the warmth of the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment