Seem sunsets from the house are best captured with a telescopic lens. In my viewfinder, a reflection of the sun was floating on the water and I wish I had have been able to capture it. However, the sunsets here are still outstanding... when we are not fogged in anyway. One final look to the horizon (I don't see any ships) before turning my attention in other directions.
This is Willows wonderful camera work. I like how she captured the shadow too.
And with that I am off to read "Mycophilia" A book that explores a ladies journey from food into all things Mushroom. It offers a look at production, forging, cooking, conferences and science and so much more. Accessible written enough for the lay reader and peppered with facts and figures to paint a portrait of the mushroom world and those that inhabit it. Its not technical.. that book sits in my bag awaiting my attention.. but it is educational.
And also on the table is Marten Eden by London. Its a love and life story. I am reading for the story, for the technical aspects of his style, to tune my ear to my landlords preferences and to get an idea of what our joint writing venture might shape up to look something like. My style having been equated more with Jack Kerouac then Jack London... but I think I can straddle that divide with ease. From the sound of what I am reading and what I am hearing.. It looks like I will indeed be trying my hand at the great American Novel, one that strings together multiple themes and paints the human spirit. Im chewing on it, have not begun drafting but I think I am up to the challenge. Some more brain storming with Eugene is needed as we pin down some of the nature we wish to capture. Perhaps this weekend while we walk the oak trees and determine pruning needs and wood harvesting to begin our mushroom endeavor.
"You get what you get when you go for it" sings Barry Manilow (what's up with the hair?) and reminds me its time to stop sitting here and to get up and make my fortune. Back to the game with me. TTFN. Love you Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment