I miss being at the keyboard. It seems a rare pleasure when I can sit down these days and turn myself inward long enough to hear myself think with any depth. Ahhh...
And why have I not been at the keyboard? Cause I am back in the saddle baby! And internet access has been cut short to data allotment limits (No streaming for the house anymore), slower speeds and other inconveniences of "country living." Not that it is an inconvienience. It is just different.
The last few weeks have been moving quite quickly with the trip to Carson, the settling into the routine of school, and the form of our immediate future taking some more shape and such.
Our trip to Carson was fabulous. How wonderful to be home.. to see my family.. all of them! My nieces astound me with the polarity of their personalities and offer a reflection of Billy and I when we were of the same age. Feel the Love! It warms my heart!
School!
And what I have been doing with the new found time alloteed to me? Writing and reading Researching, strategizing and bulking up on knowledge and reconnecting with my world. The lazy hazy days of summer are over. It seems like it has been summer since I started homeschooling. Long enough for me to thoroughly recharge my batteries. Ready to throw myself once again entirely at the world, It feels good to be back in the saddle. Homeschooling was good but it took me away from the broader experience of life. I feel good to be popping up again. I have been making some rounds, checking out beaches, meeting fisherman, and reconnecting with old friends before heading to spend the majority of my time at the library. Preparing the way to tell a story... Reading some Jack London for inspiration.. More as it develops.
Good things happen in the dark.. Like mushrooms! Willow thought I was going to say something else.. do do do do do do do.. (She understands the reference and Im sure she is glowering at me!)
That period of homeschooling was somewhat oppressive. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes you need to pull back.. go under ground.. Into the dark... until its time to Fruit. What's all this about Mushrooms? I am spending the rest of my time at the library researching mushroom cultivation as we are going to establish a mushroom production business. It is fascinating and as I look closer at this huge domain of creatures I am astounded to be reminded that all things are interconnected.. From the microcosm to the macro. The patterns and ebb and flow of the universe revealing a glimpse of themselves. I am super excited to be connecting to and taking on this endeavor. We have a couple acres of oak grove to use to get established which will provide some of the material to inoculate. And we have perfect growing weather. I aim to specialize in some of the harder to grow varieties which are prized by the local Asian populations for medicinal and culinary uses.. but perhaps I will get my foot in the door with Shitaki as I learn the processes involved. This weekend we will determine what we are going to prune and use and then we will get started.
Ok back to work with me! Muaw!
I feel as though I have a years worth of pics and stories to tell that have accumulated over the last few week. It makes me feel a bit out of contact and not caught up. Like heaps of stuff piling on my plate. I don't care for it so I plan to start posting a quick "daily vibe". Save myself the build up of anxiety :)
No comments:
Post a Comment